Cloud4Events Rules for Listing
The following are the key policies that regulate the use of Cloud4Events website and Services. Please note:
Activity that does not follow Cloud4Events policy could result in a range of actions including (but not limited to) for example: administratively ending or cancelling listings, hiding or demoting all listings from search results, lowering seller rating, buying or selling restrictions, and account suspension. All fees paid or payable in relation to listings or accounts on which we take any action will not be refunded or otherwise credited to your account.
Images and text policy
You should take your own images and write your own descriptions for the items you list. The use of third party or generic images or descriptions of goods can lead to accusations of misinformation; therefore, we encourage you to use original images of your actual product for sale and descriptive text that is specific to your product rather than generic.
No item listings policy
All listings on Cloud4Events must offer either a physical item or a service for sale.
To help avoid confusion for buyers, want ads, place holders, or offers to trade can’t be listed on our site.
A listing must offer either a physical item, which includes digitally delivered goods, or a service for sale. Want ads, place holders, or offers to trade are not allowed.
Search manipulation policy
Manipulating Cloud4Events’s search and browse experience by adding popular keywords in your listings that don’t have any relation to your items, or using other tactics that could mislead buyers, is not allowed.
To make sure our search results give buyers the best experience possible, it’s also important to accurately describe your items, use a clear title, and list in the appropriate categories.
- Manipulating search results to gain unfair visibility of a listing is not allowed
- Using keywords that are not directly related to the item for sale is not allowed. All the words in the listing need to be accurate and refer only to the item for sale
- If the item is an accessory for or compatible with another item, “fits” “for” or “compatible with” should be stated before the name of the compatible item. However, “fits” “for” or “compatible with” is not allowed before the brand names of jewelry, clothing and accessories, or universally compatible items
- Listings that make comparisons with other products are not allowed
- Listings that promote other listings are not allowed
- Listings can’t include keywords with question marks, as this can be misleading for buyers. If any item details are unclear or unknown, they should be left out of the listing
- Offering a choice of different products in a single listing is not allowed. This includes:
- Selling different brands or models in the same listing (for example, an iPhone 6 and an iPhone 7)
- Selling different items with different conditions in the same listing (for example, “new” and “used” items)
- List identical items in one multi-quantity fixed price listing
- List items with variations such as size and color in one fixed price listing with variations
- Significant differences between items in a listing should be highlighted in the listing title, pictures, price, condition, and item specifics, so that buyers can easily tell them apart
Item location policy
Item location information must accurately state where the item will be dispatched from.
To make sure buyers have a clear understanding of postage charges and delivery times, sellers must provide accurate information in their listings about where their item will be posted from.
- Clear and accurate information about where the item is located, including the postal code, city and country where the item will post from, must be included in listings
- Item location information must be consistent across all areas of the listing including title, description and item specifics
- A tracking number uploaded after an item has sold must match the delivery location provided in the listing
The inclusion of active content in listings can create a poor experience for our users, particularly on mobile devices. It also increases page load times, and introduces security risks. As such, active content has been removed from all existing listings, and isn’t allowed in new listings.
We strongly recommend removing any active content in your existing listings, as it will no longer be visible to buyers, and your listings won’t be appearing as you originally intended.
To protect our members, listings or products can’t contain links that direct customers to a site other than Cloud4Events, even if the link is not clickable.
While there are some exceptions, listings or item descriptions can’t contain links that direct customers to any other site.
What is the policy?
- We don’t allow shop names to be a web address or include (for example) ‘.com’, ‘.net’, ‘.org’ or ‘.edu’
- Links in a description are only allowed for the following:
- Other Cloud4Events pages (Cloud4Events Messages, other Cloud4Events items, Shops pages, Follow Seller or Add to my Favorite Sellers)
- Product videos
- Freight shipping services approved by Cloud4Events
- Legally required information
- Credit for third-party providers
- Videos can’t violate any Cloud4Events policy, such as adult content or offers to buy or sell outside of Cloud4Events, and must be specific to the listing, such as a product review, demonstration or installation video
Videos must be embedded within item descriptions and are only allowed from sites on this list
Links to freight shipping services are only allowed from companies on this list
- Credits for third-party providers are not allowed to link off-Cloud4Events or contain external web addresses or contact information, and must follow these guidelines:
- They can’t flash, move, or be animated
- The credit or acknowledgement can’t contain promotional material and should only identify the specific service provided for the listing
- They may contain up to 10 words of text (HTML font size 3) and a logo no larger than 88 x 33 pixels
Third-party endorsements policy
To make sure buyers can’t be misled by endorsements that can’t easily be verified, we don’t allow the use of third-party statements or logos that vouch for a seller’s ‘reputation’ or ‘trustworthiness’ in Cloud4Events listings or products.
To find out more about the ways in which you can build trust with buyers through your listings, please see our full policy guidelines below.
We don’t allow quotes like this because they’re subjective, can’t be verified, and may mislead buyers. Similarly, any seals or logos that make unverifiable claims about sellers can’t be included in listings.
I have over 1,000 positive Feedback ratings. Can I use this to show I’m a reputable seller?
Yes, statements like this can be used in listings because the buyer can easily verify them – by looking at your Feedback profile, for example. You can also include any statement that guarantees the transaction or item, (e.g. “satisfaction guaranteed or your money back.”), provided it doesn’t also vouch for your trustworthiness as a seller (e.g. “reliable seller”).
Duplicate listings policy
To ensure buyers see a wide variety of options from a variety of sellers, we don’t allow more than one fixed price listing of an identical item at the same time from the same seller.
It is possible to have multiple auction-style listings for identical items, but there are restrictions and the listings are released sequentially – only one listing without bids will be visible to buyers at a time. Once the first listing receives a bid or ends, the next listing will appear.
- We don’t allow more than one fixed price listing of an identical item at the same time from the same seller. This includes:
- Listing an identical item in different categories or listing an identical item using different usernames
- Listings that aren’t significantly different, such as adding an inconsequential bonus item with the same identical item in two listings
- Identical auction-style listings are allowed if they:
- Have the same start price
- Have the same reserve price
- Have the same title and description
- Don’t use the Buy It Now option
- Multiple fixed price listings for identical generic or universal items, such as AA batteries for example, are not allowed. Separate listings can be created for the same item on different Cloud4Events sites, as long as the international shipping options don’t result in the listings cluttering the search results of any individual site
- Up to 5 separate fixed price listings for identical items designed to fit multiple devices are allowed, when each listing is differentiated by spelling out the brand or model the item fits
- Cloud4Events bulk listing can be used when there is many of the same item for sale
- You can have more than one auction-style listing for identical items if you follow the guidelines above, but only one duplicate auction-style listing without bids will be visible to buyers at a time. Once the first listing receives a bid or ends, the next listing will appear on the site
The following rules help achieve the best possible position in Cloud4Events’s search results for a best match.
- List identical items in one fixed price listing fixed price listing using Cloud4Events bulk listing
- List items with variations such as size and colour in one fixed price listing with variations listing with variations
Presale listings must clearly state that they are “presale” in the title and description, and guarantee dispatch within 30 days of purchase.
In order to protect buyer and seller guarantees, presale listings must follow Cloud4Events policy, including listing the date the item will be available to dispatch.
- Presale listings must guarantee that the item will be dispatched within 30 days of purchase
- The date the item will be available to dispatch must be clearly stated in the listing
- Listings must clearly indicate in the title and description that the item is being offered for presale
- Handling time details should include the time the seller will wait to acquire the item, in addition to the time it will take to dipatch to the buyer